September 25, 2017 (2017.09.25)
- Fixed two SQL Injection vulnerabilities.
- Added authentication plugin for Joomla version 3.8.
September 16, 2017 (2017.09.18)
- Security fixes:
- Fixed critical vulnerability.
- Fixed various minor vulnerabilities.
- Added CSRF protection for important operations.
- WebLinks point to HTML-based files no longer open in the browser but prompt the user for downloading. This is to prevent possible "Stored XSS" attacks. This behavior can be changed by setting "$config['app']['weblinks']['allow_html']" either to boolean true, or to string 'sandbox' (which disables loading web resources or running scripts).
- Fixed open redirect security vulnerability. For redirecting users after login, configure FileRun with "$config['app']['login']['redirect_url']" instead of passing the URL via the HTTP request.
FileRun thanks Roman Ferdigg (discovery, analysis, coordination) from the SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab (https://www.sec-consult.com) for responsibly reporting the identified issues and working with us as we addressed them.
- Fixed WebDAV problem with files with "&" characters in their names.
- Improved error handling when JPG files have malformed metadata.
- Fixed searching via the API inside shared folders.
- Fixed editing using tools like ONLYOFFICE, document located inside shared folders.
- Groups created automatically when creating or editing users with owners via the API, have the owner assigned.
- The API method for editing users takes the same parameter for assigning groups, in the form of an array, instead of a string.
- Fixed detecting translation files that use underscore characters instead of space characters.
- Opening image files with Pixlr is now available also from the "Photos" library folder, and other places where uploading is not possible.
- Opening files with Creative Cloud is no longer possible for cases when uploading new files or changing existing ones is not possible.
- Browsers no longer autocomplete the username and password fields when editing a user account from the FileRun control panel.
- The search field searches "My Files" instead of incorrectly trying to search inside folders shared by the selected user. (The ability of searching multiple shared folders will be added soon.)
- Added support for Nextcloud/Owncloud X-OC-MTime header, to preserve files modification dates when uploading to the server. It also clears the related warning/error.
- Searching by metadata fields without specifying a keyword no longer displays duplicate records in the results.
- Changing the superuser password from the control panel no longer ends the authentication session, keeping the user signed in.
- Improved usability of the control panel on mobile devices.
- Various small interface improvements.
- A custom thumbnail cache folder can be defined using "$config['path']['thumbnail_cache']". Useful when using FileRun to access read-only folders containing images.
- Sharing files is now logged using a separate action than when sharing folders. If you have notification rules enabled for folder sharing, you might want to add for file sharing as well.
- The default "favicon.ico" file can be enabled by adding "$config['app']['ui']['enable_favicon_ico'] = true;" inside "customizables/config.php".
- SMTP AUTOTLS is now disabled by default.
March 18, 2017 (2017.03.18)
The image viewer has been overhauled:
- It opens also PDFs and video files.
- The full contextual menu is now available, so that you can rename, delete, label, star, etc, files directly from the viewer.
- A toggle button opens a side panel, identical to the one shown on the right side of the screen when viewing the file list. You can view the files details, view and edit metadata and comments without closing the viewer.
- As you browse the files, the side panel displays the details of the current viewed file.
- Files can be added to the download cart directly from the viewer. Hitting the "Enter" key while navigating the files, will also add the current file to the download cart, so you can select files without using the mouse.
- Improved support for mobile devices.
- After closing the image viewer, the last viewed file remains selected in the list of files, so that you know where you were left.
- It preloads the high res version of the next file to be viewed (navigating either left or right).
- Zooming in downloads the original file, so you can zoom in really close on high res photos.
- It shows a loading indicator when the high res version is being loaded, even if a low res version has been instantly displayed.
- Improved navigation on iOS devices.
- FLAC and M4A now play natively in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox which allows streaming and skipping.
- The EPUB reader picks up from the last page you read.
Added control panel option for enabling a download accelerator. It can be found under "Configuration" » "Files" » ""Misc options".
- On NGINX servers, "X-Accell" can be enabled. Optionally $config['x_accel_paths'] = ['/one/path/', '/another/path/']; can be configured with a list of paths X-Accell should be enabled for.
- On Apache servers "XSendfile" can be enabled. Requires the "mod_xsendfile" module.
- On LiteSpeed, "Internal Redirect" can be enabled. Requires $config['x_lightspeed_root'] = "/var/www"; to be configured with the absolute path of your server document root (frequently known as "htdocs" or "www"). LiteSpeed allows this feature to be used only with files inside the document root, so please read more about it here.
- Storage usage can be now calculated from the control panel "Storage usage" section for particular users instead of all.
- Various usability improvements inside the control panel.
- Added options for the LDAP authentication plugin for importing groups. Also, added option "Use "homeDirectory"" which now be set to "No" to configure the user accounts with home folders defined by the role, instead of LDAP.
- Added control panel option for including analytics tracking HTML code inside FileRun. The code gets included on the login, registration, password reset form, the main user interface, and all weblink-related pages.
- The Markdown viewer now supports tables of contents which link the headers.
- Improved the aspect of Markdown formatted README.MD inside the details panel.
- Added two new user actions that can be used as e-mail notification triggers: "Folder received (via copy)" and "Folder received (via move)".
- Improved error reporting when the list of files fails to load.
- The login prompt on Android devices now shows only the first time one is accessing FileRun.
- Other minor interface improvements.
- Files can be shared with internal users from other locations and not only when browsing the home folder.
- Fixed downloading files from folders shared anonymously.
- Fixed display of records showing in duplicates in the control panel user list.
- Improved compatibility with NGINX web server. The API, WebDAV and mobile and desktop apps like Nextcloud should all work fine now.
- Improved compatibility with MySQL STRICT SQL modes.
- Fixed gray overlay apearing on iOS when taping inside FileRun.
- Fixed server-side thumbnail cache.
- The "Google Earth" plugin is now "Google Maps" and requires the configuration with an API key.
- Added control panel config option for setting the Google Static Maps API key. This will enable FileRun to display a map showing the location where images with embedded GPS information were taken.
- Users without download permissions can no longer use any plugin which has the ability of editing files.
- Double-click files has now no effect for users without download permissions.
- The media library folders are no longer displayed for users without download permissions.
- The "Comment" context menu option is now displayed for "read-only" users which have the permission to write comments.
- Fixed navigating folders by changing the location hash in the address bar or by using bookmarks.
- Read-only users can now drag items to the download cart.
- Fixed problem with editing documents with Google Docs on Linux servers.
- Typing multiple tags uses comma character key as tag separator.
- Fixed enforcing disk space quota limits for independent admin users.
- LDAP importing first name and last name in proper order when using the same field for mapping both names.
- Fixed allowing admin users to manage roles without incorrectingly being forced to configure a home folder path template.
- Image files for which the thumbnail loading has failed no longer throw an error when trying to preview.
- Fixed uploading to folder weblinked by users without alter permission.
- WMV preview.
- The API provides information about comments count on folders and internal sharing for files, thus this information is now available when browsing via the mobile app.
- Importing metadata with unparsable date format.
- Various minor security improvements.
- The "Versioning" context menu item is no longer displayed when versioning is disabled.
- The FileRun mobile apps OAuth2 client record is no longer listed in FileRun's control panel.
- Disabled OAuth2 client records no longer show as enabled.
- Users without the permission to read comments no longer see the option of showing file comments with their web links.
- Users without the permission to download but with the permission to weblink, no longer see the sharing option.
- The "More option" contextual menu section is now available under the media library folders.
- The option of limiting users traffic usage has been removed.
January 23, 2017 (2017.01.23)
More Mobile apps:
- Added compatibility with the ownCloud Android app.
- Added compatibility with the Nextcloud Android app.
- Added compatibility with the Cirrus Android app.
- You can use any of the above to browse the FileRun files, download them to your device or for instant photo or video backup to FileRun. The Cirrus app shows thumbnails while browsing folders, while the other two can store files for offline use. Choose which ever you prefer.
- To use these mobile apps with FileRun you do not need to install anything on the server. Simply connect with the apps to your FileRun installation URL and your FileRun username and password.
- (Although there are ownCloud and Nextcloud apps for iOS and Windows Mobile, they work differently than the Android ones and FileRun is not yet compatible with them.)
Desktop folder sync apps:
- Added compatibility with ownCloud and Nextcloud desktop apps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Use these apps to keep files in sync between your devices and your FileRun accounts.
- At this time ownCloud or Nextcloud desktop apps are almost identical so you can choose either.
- To use the ownCloud or Nextcloud with FileRun you do not need to install anything on the server. Simply connect with the desktop apps to your FileRun installation URL and your FileRun username and password.
Two new display modes. (The view toggle button has been replaced with a menu for selecting the display mode.)
- It shows only the audio files from the current file list.
- It embeds the audio player in the user interface.
- The file list turns into a playlist.
- It shows the Title, Artist, Album and Duration for the files. This is metadata automatically extracted from the files at upload time.
- It shows only the image files available in the current file list.
- It shows large thumbnails with the natural image aspect ratio.
- It does not show the image preview on the details panel, to allow better view of the file's details and metadata.
Two new special folders.
- Last added: lists 100 latest uploaded audio files. (Use $config['app']['media']['music']['latest']['limit'] to customize the number of listed songs.)
- By artist: lists all artists with song count, sorted alphabetically. (The list is hard-limited to 500 items.)
- By album: lists all music albums with song count, sorted by alphabetically. (The list is hard-limited to 500 items.)
- Random: list 100 random songs. (Use $config['app']['media']['music']['random']['limit'] to customize the number of loaded songs.)
- These special media library folders open automatically using the Music display mode.
- Last taken: lists 100 latest taken photos. Note that they are not sorted the date they were uploaded or modified. Nor it shows any image files, but only photography files (which have the "Date taken" embedded information). (Use $config['app']['media']['photos']['latest']['limit'] to customize the number of listed files.)
- By date: browse photos by year and month. Each year and month folder shows the total file count.
- By tag: browse photos by tags. It list the most used tags for photo files, sorted by file count. (The list is limited by default to 300 tags. Customize this limit using $config['app']['media']['photos']['tags']['limit'].)
- These special media library folders open automatically using the Photos display mode.
- All the above special folders list files from the user's home folder, regardless of how or if they are organized in subfolders.
- This information is generated from the FileRun database in real-time. There is no additional import, scanning, etc required.
- You can use this section to quickly organize your media into folders. For example, list songs by a certain artist, then select all of them and drag them to an actual folder. Or list photos taken a certain date and drag them to a folder. The files will be moved to that physical folder, regardless of where they are scattered around your file repository. All file management functions are available, so you can mass download, copy, star, label or even remove files.
- The "Music" and "Photos" folders can be individually hidden from the system configuration section of the FileRun control panel.
- The FileRun superuser can now use the new "Index files" option available in the contextual menu for folders. This will scan and index the files from the selected folder. It is useful for the cases where you create a FileRun user account accessing a server folder which already contains media files, or if you are uploading media files to the FileRun folders using FTP or other ways where FileRun was not involved in the process to automatically index the files. It collects a list of all files in the selected folder and then is automatically sets their metadata types and extracts available metadata to save it in FileRun's database. If interrupted it will resume from where it left. 10 files are being indexed at a time, although on fast servers you can increase that using "$config['app']['metadata']['indexing']['web']['max_files']".
New audio player
- Integrated in the user interface as the "Music" display mode. It allows you to use folders, filename search results, metadata search results, or any other available folder listing as an audio playlist.
- Based 100% on HTML5 technologies. It requires no Flash or other browser plugin.
- Plays FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) audio files. In all browsers, without transcoding.
- Plays ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) audio files. In all browsers, without transcoding.
- Plays MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG (currently unsupported by IE/Edge) and WEBA.
- Shows song Title, Artist, Album and Duration. You can configure the "playlist" to show any other information you would like to see about the files or sort the files by any of this information.
- Share, comment, label or star files straight from the playlist.
- Perform any file management action straight from the playlist.
EPUB e-book reader
- Requires no plugin, no app, and works in all modern browsers, mobile included. It features full-screen reading support.
- FileRun now shows file type information, icon and thumbnails for EPUB files.
- The WebDAV server is now included also in the free FileRun version. Use any standards compliant WebDAV client to access your FileRun files.
- Folders can now have metadata, tags, labels and comments attached to them, just as files can.
- Files can be now individually shared with internal users. Users are no longer required to share the entire folder. (The internal sharing system is available only with the Enterprise FileRun version.)
- Many improvements on the user interface on mobile devices.
- Added support for signing in for the first time using 2-step verification on the same mobile devices. Instead of scanning a QR code, a textual key is being shown for copying into Google Authenticator.
- Videos open much faster now.
- Videos are now full screen inside the player window. It allows smaller screen devices to show the player controls properly. The downside is that low res videos might display stretched on large screens.
- Improved speed of generating thumbnails.
- E-mails messages sent with files include the user's name in the sender "From" field.
- Setting "$config['app']['email']['sendFromDefault'] = true;" will have the files send by the users via e-mail be sent from the configured default e-mail address instead of the e-mail address of the sending user.
- Holding the CTRL key pressed when choosing an "Open with.." option will open the action in a new browser tab.
- Added "Open with.." option for opening folders in a new browser tab.
- Album covers are now displayed also for FLAC audio files.
- The login background image applies now also to the user registration page and the password reset page.
- When changing the username or the password of a user, a checkbox will appear asking you if you wish to notify the user about the change.
- Added dedicated button for generating random passwords when creating user accounts.
- Added icon and thumbnails and image preview support for SVG image files.
- Folder README files can be in Markdown format with the .MD extension.
- Files can be locked/unlocked even if the file versioning is disabled (the number of saved versions is set to 0).
- The Trash folder loads by default in the "Detailed list" display mode.
- The API endpoint for retrieving user information can take now a username as alternative to the user id.
- Added compatibility with MySQL 5.7 default settings.
- Clicking "Enable editing" now works in Microsoft Office programs after opening a file directly from FileRun.
- Fixed sending files via e-mail as weblinks with expiration dates.
- Deleting a folder from the trash folder now no longer leaves file metadata records.
- Getting "Title" from Vorbis comments in audio files.
- Fixed full-text searching broken by previous update.
- Fixed the "cron/make_thumbs.php" command line script which had problems introduced by the previous FileRun update.
- Readonly users can now also print file comments.
- Readonly users no longer see the "Copy" and "Add to zip" file context menu options.
- Renaming the currently opened folder will reload the file list to avoid path errors.
- The metadata file type and tags are now loaded in the detailed view even if no custom metadata column is enabled.
- The custom CSS file loaded using "$config['app']['ui']['custom_css_url']" gets now loaded after all the rest of the FileRun CSS to allow theming.
- Fixed the "admin-users" API endpoints which might have been broken in some cases by the previous update.
- The "Keep me signed in" login option has been removed. Privacy concious users are more likely to use the sign out button than uncheck an option at sign in. The rest of the users never touch that option regardless of the environment. Setting "Inactivity timeout" to 0 will make the login persistent, otherwise it will be session based. The option can be found in the control panel under "System configuration" » ""Security" » "User login".
- The metadata search result now shows by default 200 items. It can be customized using "$config['app']['metadata']['search']['results']['limit']".
- The search bar no longer filters the current folder listing.
- The control panel sections can be now linked individually (http://feedback.filerun.com/topics/32-link-to-individual-control-panel-options/).
November 4, 2016 (2016.11.07)
- The user interface is now mobile-friendly. The control panel can also be accessed from mobile devices.
- A new folder listing view mode has been added, optimized for browsing folders with image files.
- A "Photos" special folder has been added, showing image files found in your home folder.
- Office files can be now opened directly in the desktop Microsoft Office 2013+ apps, no prior download action required.
- Added support for Markdown (".md") files with preview and syntax highlighting for editing.
- Added Markdown support to file comments.
- Weblinked folders can be opened as list view. This is ideal for large folders with files with longer names.
- Pasting screenshots and other images from clipboard now works also with Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox (verion 50).
- Firefox users can upload files by copy/paste from the computer to the browser. Still waiting for other browsers to support this.
- Many aesthetic and performance improvements.
- Thumbnails are now being loaded only when scrolled into view from the folder listing. This saves server bandwidth, storage space and CPU, and improves considerably the user experience.
- Shortening a web link now shortens the link with the currently selected view mode, so one can send, for example, a short link to an image gallery.
- Added button for copying the weblink to clipboard.
- Web link galleries: photos are sorted by "Date taken", newer photos showing at the top.
- Justified the images in the web link galleries, Flicker-style. Added captions on mouse over. Also improved responsiveness.
- Added support for URL shoteners other than Google.
- Music album covers are shown now as thumbnails also for M4A audio files.
- Added user avatar on the OAuth2 consent page.
- Added "Login page background" option under "Interface Options" system configuration section for setting either a background image or color. This applies to password protected web links as well.
- Added "Help URL" option under "Interface Options" system configuration section. If set, the user interface will show a question mark iconed button on the top menu, next to the users profile button, which will open the URL in a popup window.
- The API method "/api.php/files/browse/" can now recieve the paramter "details[uuid]" for providing unique ids (UUID V5) for files and folders. This can be used for client-side caching or file synchronization procedures.
- Added "singleDownload" parameter when creating weblinks via the API. A temporary, one download, link is being created, without affecting the web link the user might have previously created on the file/folder.
- Added API method for fetching file metadata.
- Added support for extracting the image size for GIF files.
- Removed two clicks from the file commenting process.
- Fixed moderate file access vulnerability.
- Fixed minor SQL injection vulnerability.
- Fixed adding the admin user to the "Can see and exchange files with:" list when editing or adding roles.
- Fixed LDAP authentication issue brought by the previous update.
- Added orientation detection when generating image thumbnails with GD. It is still highly recommended to enable and use ImageMagick instead.
- Fixed the Autodesk plugin which stopped working due to an API change.
- Fixed home folder path which was getting altered when editing users with roles with home folder template paths.
- Fixed importing "Date taken" info from some non-standard Exif headers.
- Fixed possible problem when importing invalid IPTC data.
- Added web.config for IIS servers preventing downloads of WOFF font files.
- Use less memory for parsing video files for metadata to avoid hitting PHP limits.
- Fixed potential MySQL error when moving files/folders that are being accessed at the same time.
- Fixed "Change account" from the OAuth2 consent screen, and it now actually logs the user out.
- Removed drag highlight after the user interrupted a drag&drop action.
- Fixed redirect to login page when accessing the control panel without a valid authentication session.
- Searching inside the home folder no longer shows items from the trash folder.
- Added OAuth2 workaround for servers running PHP as an Apache module and the Authorization header is missing.
- Fixed layout issue with Enterprise version when user space quota is set.
- The return format of the "/api.php/files/weblink/" API method changed.
- API path for starred items changed from "/ROOT/STARRED" to "/STARRED"
- API path "/PHOTOS" lists newest 50 photos.
September 23, 2016 (2016.09.19)
- File tagging system: Files can be searched by common tags with a single click. Tags are automatically imported from image files which contain metadata (Exif/XMP/IPTC).
Image files: Author, Copyright, Date created, Description, GPS location, Heigh, Width and Tags/Keywords metadata information is now automatically imported and displayed for most file types which contain XMP, EXIF or IPTC embeded information (JPG, PNG, PDF, DNG, TIFF, FFF, PSD, PSB).
For the photography file types CR2, NEF, MEF, MOS, ARW, 3FR, IIQ, the metadata is extracted from XMP sidecar files. Note that the sidecar files need to be present on the server at the time the image file is processed - so for new files, upload the XMP files first and then the photo files.
- Video files: Movie title, Image height, Image width, Duration and Codec information is automatically extracted.
- Audio files: Artist, Title, Album, Duration and Codec information is automatically extracted.
- cron>php metadata_update_file_type.php /full/folder/path can be used to process existing files, or for files that were uploaded using other applications than FileRun.
- Thumbnails are generated for the MP3 files that have embedded album art.
- Added Gravatar.com support. It is enabled by default by this update. You can disable it from "Control Panel" > "System configuration" > "More" > "Misc options". Once enabled, it can take up to 24 hours for the FileRun default profile images to get replaced by the Gravatar ones. FileRun refreshes Gravatar images every 3 days, so do not expect Gravatar changes to reflect inside FileRun right away. After a user changes the e-mail address, the Gravatar gets updated is 60 minutes or less.
- Added support for playing MKV video files. Note that it depends on the browser capabilities; Google Chrome seems to be the only supporting browser at this time.
- All the file plugins that require configuration are now enabled, disabled and configured from the control panel section "File" -> "Plugins". No more editing code files.
- Optimized for high DPI displays.
- An enlarged thumbnail is being shown, instantly, while the high-res version loads, instead of the spinning icon. This allows you to quickly identify the image and skip forward if it's not the image file you are interested in.
- For file types that are supported by the web browsers (such as JPG), the files are being loaded directly, without processing, if their byte size and physical size are not very large (the thresholds are configurable). By default, images smaller than 8MB are send directly to the browser. You can adjust this value using "$config['app']['thumbs']['output_small_filesize']" (bytes).
- Added support for browsing pages from multi-page TIF files. Use Page-Up and Page-Down keyboard buttons to browse the pages.
- All files that are commonly recognised as Documents, Photo, Audio or Video are now marked accordingly.
- Metadata fields can have multiple values.
- Copying a folder -> extract on all subfiles
- Metadata extraction can be disabled using "$config['app']['metadata']['disable_extraction'] = true;"
- Note: The field sets "Image properties", "Video properties" and "Audio properties" are now default field sets which cannot be altered in any way. If you wish to add more fields, you will have to add your own field sets.
- Improved aspect of the list view.
- Added option for limiting the enabled authentication plugin for users using certain IP addresses.
- Office documents now open by default with "Office Web Viewer", instead of Box View which closed the public registration for the API.
- Aviary plugin has been replaced with Adobe Creative Cloud. It looks and works similarily although it is more reliable.
- Update Google Drive plugin to version 3 of the API. Documents are now being saved back to FileRun in the same format.
- When sending files via e-mail as links, the icon images are now clickable as well as the file name.
- Added command line script for resetting the superuser password. Simply run "cron>php reset_superuser_pass.php mysite.com newpass", where "mysite.com" is the hostname FileRun is registered for and "newpass" is the new password. Omitting the "newpass" argument will have FileRun generate and asign a random password which gets displayed in the command's output.
- Added distinct security type (SSL and TLS) for SMTP.
- Testing the SMTP settings now sends an test e-mail message and provides full SMTP debugging information.
- Added synching function for LDAP authentication. The command line script "cron/users_sync.php" needs to be called with the hostname of the web server: "php users_sync.php your-site.com". You will need to edit "customizables/auth/ldap.auth.php" to update "listAllUsers" and "listRemovedUsers" functions, as they handle the listing of the users from the LDAP server.
- Added buttons for editing metadata from the right-side details panel.
- PSB files are now handled as image files, just as PSD.
- KML and KMZ files now open by default with Google Earth.
- Editing XMP files highlights the code as XML.
- The superuser is no longer forced by the password policy when changing its own password.
- Added API method for deleting user accounts.
- Added control panel notification when FileRun software updates are available.
- Various other smaller improvements.
- Fixed serious problem related to renaming folder or files. The attached data (metadata, comments, weblinks, labels) were lost when renaming a file (although restored when renaming back to the original name).
- Fixed duplicate files when zipping folders with subfolders.
- Fixed synching password to local database when using third-party authentication plugins.
- Fixed sending files by e-mail when web linking permission is disabled.
- Fixed the "Allow persistent logins." setting when is unchecked.
- Fixed changing the language from the login form.
- Fixed thumbnail size setting getting lost from the control panel.
- Read-only users can no longer add/remove stars.
- Hidden the "File request" tab from the web link panel when sharing a file and not a folder.
- Fixed selecting "All users" when configuring user accounts.
- SSO button no longer shows when LDAP authentication plugin is enabled without the "Enable IWA SSO" option.
- If GD is not available, a generic profile image is being showed instead of the blank one.
- Fixed deleting metadata fields that have no values. Including deleting metadata field sets which contain these fields.
- Fixed unziping archives that contain folders with file names that might be confused with media files for which metadata gets extracted.
- Moving or renaming image files preserves now the generated thumbnail to save resources.
- Fixed adding users to groups when adding via the API.
- Adjusted the OnlyOffice plugin for version 4.
- Fixed Pixlr plugin HTTPS incompatibility on Chrome. Pixlr now opens in an external window.
- Fixed thumbnails for PSD files without white alpha.
- Deleting a user, deletes also his profile image.
- Various fixed to the ONLYOFFICE plugin.
- "Open with" context menu is no longer displayed for users without download permission.
- Users that cannot share files no longer see the "Share" menu option, which was empty.
- Default "Open with.." plugins are no longer used when opening a file when they are disabled.
- Fixed compatibility between the "Create photo proof sheet" plugin and GraphicsMagick.
- Fixed menu item icons on IE11.
- "cron/metadata_update_file_type.php" excludes now folders from the folder listing.
- Enabled cursor context menu inside form fields for text copy/paste operations.
- When a visitors uploads files via a "file request" and inputs a name with characters illegal in the filesystem, the characters are automatically replaced by underscore characters.
- Fixed missing translations.
- Minimum PHP version required is now 5.5
- Support for IE 9 has been dropped. The application still loads fine for now, but uploading files is no longer possible.
- The Java upload applet has been removed. Uploading large files and folders on older browsers is no longer an option. If you are still using a version of Internet Explorer older than 11, we recommend you to update or choose a different browser. To upload folders, use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- DNG and CR2 files are no longer forced to be interpreted as TIFF by ImageMagick. You can revert this change using $config['imagemagick_tiff_thumbs_types'] = array('3fr', 'fff', 'dng', 'cr2', 'iiq');
- Usernames no longer allow space characters.
- The "cron/email_notifications.php" command line script now requires the server's hostname as a parameter.
June 20, 2016 (2016.06.20)
- File requests: File requests allow you to collect and receive files from anyone, right into your FileRun user account, with just a link. Click "NEW" -> "File request". You will be asked to answer the question "What are you requesting?". The name you provide will be shown to the public. It will also be used to automatically create a folder where the incoming files will be stored. As soon as you answer the question you will be provided with the link that you can share with people. Tip: For even more convenience, use the "Share link" option on the bottom-right on the panel to send the link through some of the most common channels.
- Zamzar (http://www.zamzar.com) plugin for converting files. Requires an API key to be set inside "customizables/custom_actions/zamzar/app.php".
- ONLYOFFICE (http://www.onlyoffice.com) plugin for viewing and editing files. The file "customizables/custom_actions/onlyoffice/app.php" needs editing, for setting the ONLYOFFICE Document Server installation URL.
- Command line script for deleting older files. You run it like this "cron>php delete_old_files.php 2592000 admin confirm". Where "2592000" is 30 days in seconds, "admin" is the username of the account that is being cleaned and "confirm" is needed for executing the task. If "confirm" is omitted then the command will only simulate the action, showing you what will happen without actually deleting the files. If the username is omitted, the process will run for all user accounts in the system. 2592000 is the smallest value you can use, preventing you from deleting files younger than 30 days. Important note: the date used for determining a file's age is the "modified" date, not the "created" date. If you have files created a long time ago, but were recently modified, they will not be deleted. For any other desired behavior, the file "system/modules/fileman/sections/cli/php/delete_old_files.php" is freely editable.
- User profile images. By default FileRun displays a colorful profile image with the user's initials. Users can upload their own image files through the "Account settings" panel. (Profile images are being saved in PNG format with transparency enabled, so it welcomes corporate logos which might have transparent backgrounds.)
- Home folder template: For user accounts that you do not specify a home folder yourself, such as accounts created through the sign-up process, or accounts created through roles with the "Automatically create the folder if it doesn't exists." option enabled, FileRun will look for the folder "system/data/home_folder_template". If it finds the folder, the contents of that folder will be used to create the new account's home folder.
- Added support for multiple login logos. If you add $config['app']['ui']['login_logos']['google'] = 'https://www.google.se/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png'; inside "customizables/config.php, you can then access the FileRun installation URL by appending "?client=google" to show that particular preconfigured logo instead of the default configured one.
- The logo tile/image gets automatically hidden for screens narrower than 730 pixels, to allow the usability of the horizontal menu.
- Added SSO (Single Sign On) button on the login page that is automatically displayed when authentication plugins with SSO are enabled. For authentication plugins that are based only on SSO, the login page automatically redirects to the SSO URL.
- The download cart is now available as a tab under the "Details and activity" side panel which you activate by pressing the "(i)" icon on the top bar.
- Added prompt for Android users, on login page, to ask if they want to use the mobile app instead.
- File comments are now sorted so that the newest comment is displayed at the bottom of the list.
- Sorted alphabetically the list of anonymous shared folders.
- Added the preview option on the top menu for items inside the "Shared links" section.
- Added e-mail template for the "Password changed" notifications.
- Added API method for getting one user's information. Requires "admin" scope and privileges.
- Added API method for downloading one user's profile image.
- Added configuration directive "$config['system']['db']['utf8_names']" which if set to true, will force the MySQL connection to use UTF-8.
- Downloading many files using the "Download all" button from weblinked folder no longer triggers e-mail notification for each individual file, but a single one for the downloaded folder.
- Fixed browsing shares via the touch interface.
- Fixed the content search which was searching all files, instead of only the files from the selected folder. The search index will need to be rebuilt. Use the "cron/reindex_files.php" command line script for that.
- Fixed API file search. (An new version of the Android app which will support file searching will shortly be released.)
- Fixed moderate security issue. Details are not provided given that it can be exploited.
- Fixed logging in as a user from the control panel. The activity log entry now also shows "Control panel" as the login method used, not to confuse the entry for a user action.
- Creating new files with Google, Zoho or Pixlr now warns if a file with the same name already exists.
- Fixed file path inside e-mail notifications triggered by a folder-based notification rule as a result of downloading a file through a weblink.
- Prevent errors when trying to download a weblinked folder which no longer exists.
- Fixed path handling on Windows server for users with home folders set to a drive letter.
- Fixed arrow icon when selecting groups and users.
- Added missing option for setting the thumbnail size inside the "Interface" -> "Options" control panel section.
- Fixed a possible error when using the Google Editor integration.
- Fixed sending of e-mail notifications under certain circumstances.
- When missing or incorrect file modification date, FileRun no longer displays a value.
- Fixed showing full user name when browsing shares via the API/mobile.
- Fixed sharing permissions inside the root of anonymously shared folders.
- Added top bar buttons inside shared folders.
- Fixed error inside Starred section related to files locked by other users.
- Fixed path displayed inside the "WebLink folder access" e-mail notifications.
- Fixed date selector not allowing you to search user activity logs up to days older than the current day.
- Minor visual fixes and enhancements.
- Successfully tested with ImageMagick version 7.
April 25, 2016 (2016.04.25)
- Added support for the FileRun mobile apps.
- Added authentication plugin for SimpleSAMLphp. It can be used to provide single-sign-on into FileRun for "Active Directory Federation Services", Shibboleth and other SAML identity providers.
- Whenever a user is browsing a folder which contains a file named "README.TXT" or "README.HTML", the content of the file (given that is smaller than 1MB) will get displayed on the info tab(details and activities) whenever no file or folder is selected. The name can be changed from README" to anything else using the config directive $config['app']['ui']['ReadMeFileName'] = "README";, inside "customizables/config.php". If you place a dot in front of your custom filename, the file will be hidden inside FileRun however the content would still get displayed.
- Added API method for renaming files and folders.
- Added API method for downloading thumbnails.
- Added API method for adding and removing stars to files and folders.
- Added API method for creating new folders.
- The OAuth2/API consent screen is now responsive. For authentication there is now a custom login screen which is also responsive. Both pages load instantly over any Internet connection, using minimal bandwidth.
- When browsing "Starred" or "Shared links", you can click on the "Location" path displayed on the details panel to show the file or folder in its location.
- The control panel list of users is sorted by registration date with the newest created users listed at the top.
- Logins via SSO are now registered to the user activity log.
- Fixed opening e-mail/weblink/share etc panels more than one time per session.
- Fixed enabling folder notifications by non-admin users.
- Fixed file listing for "Shared links" when one of the listed files is locked.
- Fixed the traffic quota system which was incrementing the usage incorrectly.
- Joomla SSO when Joomla is configured with a custom session handler instead of the default PHP "files" handler.
- Fixed larger video preview display.
- OAuth2: The refresh tokens are no longer removed along with the access tokens, as long as they are not expired.
- Fixed full name display in the activity log for new user registrations.
- Fixed the "Admin: Text Indexer Test" plugin which is available when text indexing is enabled.
- Overwriting files by editing is now possible even when file versioning is disabled. Note that there is no fail safe. Take great care because if something goes wrong, the old file versions are lost. We do not recommend you to disable the file versioning. If you worry about storage space, allow FileRun to keep at least one older version.
- The list view column "Type" is now hidden by default.
- Minor visual refinements.
March 08, 2016 (2016.03.08)
- Users passwords are now hashed using the Blowfish cipher and using a randomly generated salt. This improves protection against hash tables lookup attacks. The already stored password hashes are being seamlessly updated by FileRun the first time the users log in.
- Improved protection against session hijacking and fixation.
- Added option for automatically logging out users after a predefined period of inactivity. Applies only to the cases when the users did not select the "Keep me signed in" option.
- HTTP Basic Auth has been removed for improving the safety of the users credentials. If the user is not authenticated, he gets directed to the regular login page instead of getting the browser login prompt.
- SSO no longer signs the user in persistently. Closing the browser logs the user out until he accesses "/sso" again.
- Fixed potential sign out issue for users with incorrect dates set on their computers.
- Added control panel section for controlling what method is being used for previewing the various file types. You have full control over what happens when you double-click a particular file type (by extension or type - the type includes a predefined list of file extensions).
File indexing and full-text searching
- FileRun now uses Apache Tika for extracting text contents out of files for indexing for full-text searching. This update will disable the file indexing until you reconfigure it.
- For a list of supported formats, please see: https://tika.apache.org/1.12/formats.html (Note that FileRun does not index audio, video, image, archive and other types of files which do not have a main text content.)
- The search index is now processing files large up to 10MB. Before it was limited to 3MB.
- The indexing queue no longer processes folders in one go, but instead queues the individual files, so that the process can be resumed if interrupted, instead of processing all files from the beginning.
- The file indexing and full-text searching feature requires now PHP 5.4 as the minimum version.
- Added single-sign-on support for the LDAP plugin on Windows servers running IIS with "Integrated Windows Authentication" enabled.
- Increased number of simultaneous uploads from 2 to 3. It can be customized by setting $config['app']['upload']['max_simultaneous'] inside "customizables/config.php".
- Previewing files now shows in the user activity log what method has been used.
- File preview actions are no longer logged for files that do not have a preview method.
- Added support for playing WEBM and OGV video files.
- The control panel menu has been reorganized to allow the settings to be found easier.
- Emptying the trash folder is now automatically refreshing the space usage indicator for users configured with space quotas.
- Added command line script "cron/metadata_update_file_type.php" for automatically updating files metadata. It requires an absolute file path as an argument. It can be either the path of an individual file or the path of a folder, in which case all files found inside the folder will get the metadata updated. It can be used if you frequently upload files to FileRun-managed folders using FTP (or any other third-party method) and you would like FileRun to extract and show the files' metadata.
- Fixed WebDAV access for certain client programs.
- Fixed control panel access for independent admin users.
- Fixed Smarty error displayed on the main page when Pusher is enabled.
- Fixed the user import and export control panel tools.
- Fixed re/indexing folders.
- Fixed accessing the control panel "E-mail notifications" section.
- Fixed renaming files without extension when there is no blocked extension listed.
- Fixed potential "Failed to create folder" error when trying to upload a folder containing small files on a very fast connection.
- If a user is required to change the password but does not have permission to change personal information, the account settings popup no longer opens.
- Fixed large download issue, regarding fpassthru on some servers.
- Opening files from Search results, Starred and Shared links in "External Window".
- The control panel menu option "Import users" is no longer visible for other users than the superuser.
- Office documents now open by default with Box View.
- PDF documents open by default with the browser's own PDF support. If you are using an old browser, right-click documents and select to open them with "PDF viewer" or some other available method.
- MP4 video files are played using HTML5 instead of Flash.
- Web video formats are being played in HTML5 also on Internet Explorer, so a modern version is required.
- Moved the thumbnail size configuration option to the Interface Options.
February 18, 2016 (2016.02.19)
Speed and performance:
- FileRun uses now up to 60% less RAM memory.
- The core application runs 3 times faster. Up to 10 times faster when OPcache PHP extension is installed/enabled.
- Everything feels super fast and when browsing folders with many image files, generated thumbnails load in an instant.
- Image galleries load in an instant.
- Your server will be able to handle at least two times more simultaneous users.
- A control panel option for viewing online users, in real time. The feature requires Pusher.com integration.
- Added HumHub authentication plugin.
- Added MODx authentication plugin.
- Users can be now configured with a maximum file size for uploads. This affects all possible ways of uploading a file (main user interface, touch interface, weblinks with upload permission, WebDAV, API). Like most permissions it can be set either individually or through the role permissions.
- Added control panel option for limiting the number of old versions FileRun keeps for each file. Setting the number to 0 disables the versioning system. This config option is taken into account only when a new version gets saved, so the action of setting a lower value does not affect the existing file repository in any way. The option cannot be used to actively remove old file versions.
- Typing inside the search field now instantly filters the current file listing, for quickly locating a file or folder in a long list.
- Added option for printing the comments attached to a file. It can be found next to the button you normally press for adding a comment.
- The control panel "Metadata" » "File types" now shows the number of files in the system marked with each type. Remember that you can add new types based on file extension, FileRun will automatically assign new files to these metadata file types.
- Clicking the metadata values displayed on the preview panel is automatically searching the home folder for files with the same metadata value.
- We have made it so that when you copy and paste a file, the copy automatically gets a metadata type assigned and the values for the metadata fields that are set with an "automatic source" get populated. For example, when you upload an image file that has embedded EXIF data, such as "author", "caption", "GPS location", etc the data gets automatically imported to the metadata fields. This functionality has been available until now only for newly uploaded files.
- Files extracted from archives also get the same metadata treatment as above.
- Overwriting a file by uploading will now update the files' metadata.
User interface and file management:
- Selecting a file inside "Starred" now shows the option of previewing the file, in the top menu.
- Selecting an item inside "Trash" now shows the option of permanently deleting the file, in the top menu.
- Selecting an item inside "Shared links" now shows the option of opening the web link panel, in the top menu.
- The created dates for files are now shown for files under "Starred" and "Shared links".
- You can right-click the empty area of the currently opened folder for pasting files and folders. Files and folders copied from the same folder will be duplicated with the names changed to "Copy of [...]".
- Archives can now be extracted inside the same folder, skipping the subfolder. Simply leave empty the folder name when prompted.
- The file list now shows a different icon indicating that there are multiple comments attached to a file.
- The text/code editor no longer wraps long lines by default. A button is available, next to the charset selection, for toggling line wrapping.
- The control panel option for setting the default role is no longer hidden under the "User Registration" panel.
- E-mail notification rules can be filtered in the control panel also by user or group names.
The config option "File types blocked from uploading:" has been moved from "Interface options" to "Misc options". It is now called "Blocked file types".
- The users will not be able to upload, create, rename files using the listed extensions.
- It applies to all access methods: regular web interface, touch interface, web links, WebDAV, API.
- Any attempt gets logged in the user activity log.
- The LDAP authentication plugin sets the home folders to the FileRun user accounts based on the LDAP data. Note that this does not apply to already imported user accounts.
- Setting $config['app']['audioplayer']['playlist'] = false; inside "customizables/config.php" will disabling the audio player playlist. This would make the player load faster when there are many audio files in the folder.
- Setting $config['app']['sharing']['allow_read_notifications'] = true; inside "customizables/config.php" will allow users to enable "Download, Preview, Copy, etc" notifications on shared folders. We recommend you do not use this configuration option unless you clearly understand what the consequences are.
- Setting $config['app']['filelog']['enable_for_shares'] = true; inside "customizables/config.php" will allow users to check the user activity inside shared folders. We recommend you do not use this configuration option unless you clearly understand what the consequences are.
- The "Alternate download" plugin now works for subfolders as well.
- The action of extracting an archive file is now being logged to the user activity log.
- Failed file/folder rename attempts are now logged to the user activity log.
- Failed login attempts from OAuth2 clients (API) are now being logged to the user activity log. The method of access (OAuth2) is now being logged and displayed.
- Added API methods for sharing and unsharing a folder.
- Fixed login problem introduced on the Microsoft Edge browser by the latest Windows update.
- Fixed downloading multiple files by dragging them to the download cart.
- Fixed issue with WebDAV and ampersand characters in folder names.
- Fixed thumbnails sometimes shown out of place on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Fixed error when uploading over an existing empty file. This will allow Microsoft Office applications to handle better temporary files inside FileRun folders over WebDAV connections.
- Fixed sending files (and folders selected from the tree menu) via e-mail as weblinks from the linking panel.
- Fixed the "User can zip and download folders" permission. Users with this permission unchecked can no longer download folders and the zip option is hidden.
- Fixed compatibility with latest Joomla version (3.4+).
- Showing full user name in most places.
- Fixed locking/unlocking files from Starred and Shared links.
- Fixed error when deleting a folder with a similar name to a file which exists in the same folder.
- Fixed possible errors when logging in, logging out or requesting to reset a forgotten password.
- Uploading files through web links, API, WebDAV sets the meta type of the file and automatically populates metadata.
- Google Chrome is no longer autocompleteing the username and password fields when adding or editing a user account.
- Fixed display of "Created" date for items inside Trash.
- Fixed display of "Deleted from" path in Trash for files deleted from shared folders.
- Fixed metadata extraction error when uploading certain MP4 video files.
- The autocomplete fills in the first and last name properly on the user registration form.
- User registration is no longer possible if a valid role is not configured.
- Moving files will check your disk space quota usage only when moving files from another user's folder to your own. Moving files around your own folder does not affect the disk usage.
- Fixed checking disk space quota of the shared folder owner user when uploading through the touch interface.
- When editing an image file and multiple thumbnails are generated for the various versions, no thumbnail is now left behind in the cache.
- Prevented Chrome from making requests to favicon.ico on every FileRun folder browse.
- The folder ".filerun.versioning" is no longer left empty, but removed, when there no longer any file version inside.
- Empty metadata values records are no longer created inside the database.
- The database is now being cleaned of records of expired OAuth2 authentication codes and access tokens.
- The error message from "customizables/events/file.upload.php" gets now shown to the user and it triggers a proper error in WebDAV, no longer allowing temporary data to be stored inside the FileRun user folder after the rejected uploads.
- The API method for uploading files can be now used with the POST HTTP method, to allow for specifying the target path. It also returns custom errors if you have events scripts created.
- Fixed aspect of weblinked folders containing files with longer comments.
- Using the "Share link" button to e-mail files from the linking panel now has the "Send WebLinks instead of attaching the files." checked as it should be.
- Fixed error when SSO is configured for the "Generic (SQL)" plugin.
- Layers of PSB files are now also flattened for the thumbnail generation.
- Slightly improved aspect when the application is not configured with a title or a logo.
- Minor visual tweaks for the login page.
- Usernames are now forced to always be lowercase.
- FileRun used to sync the MySQL database timezone with the PHP one. It no longer does that by default. It is recommended that you configure your MySQL database with the correct timezone. In the rare case that doing so is not an option, you can still enable $config['app']['sync_db_timezone'] = true; but it slightly affects FileRun's performance.
- Setting $config['app']['ui']['grid_short_date'] = false; inside "customizables/config.php" will make the files "modified" and "created" dates to be formatted based on the "Date Format: Files" translation string available in the "Main Interface" section.
- Removed $config['app']['count_uploads_as_traffic'] config option. Traffic quotas no longer count file uploads. Viewing and previewing files also no longer counts towards the traffic quota.
- Non-superuser admins can no longer export/import users.
- On PHP version 5.3, "magic_quotes_gpc" is required to be set to "Off".
November 3, 2015 (2015.11.03)
- Alternate downloads. You can read about this feature here.
- Improved the web link pages:
- Added option for sharing the file comments with the visitors when sharing files and folders via links. This works for both folders and individual files.
- Improved the aspect of the pages displaying contents of the web linked folders and files.
- The thumbnails in folders and web galleries are now sharp on high-dpi displays.
- The lightbox in web galleries is mobile friendly, allowing swiping to browse the images.
- The loading of the thumbnails in web galleries now shows a progress bar.
- Visitors can upload files to weblinked folders also in gallery mode.
- Removed the "By downloading this file, you agree to the following terms and conditions:" phrase, so if you want to say that, you can include it on top of your terms text.
- When accessing password protected weblinks the password field gets focused by default, so visitors don't have to use the mouse for the login.
- Improved sharing files via e-mail:
- The "send by e-mail" form opens now with a predefined subject, and the personal message is optional, so you can share files via e-mail with just a click after setting the recipients.
- Improved aspect of the e-mail message.
- Many SMTP servers send the message coming from the account configured for authentication, instead of the user's e-mail address filled in the "From:" field, if the two addresses don't use the same domain name. FileRun is now adding a "Reply-To" header, so that when the recipients reply to the message, will reply to the "From:" address and not the address used for SMTP authentication.
- E-mail notifications:
- The user action notification messages have been added to the translation system. They will use the language currently selected by the user. If the notification e-mails are being sent using the command line script, the default selected language will be used.
- The following e-mail message templates can also have translations: "account_notification.tpl.txt", "forgot_password.tpl.txt", "reset_password.tpl.txt", "signup_email.tpl.txt", "space_quota_warning.tpl.txt". To add a translation create a folder named "language-name" inside "customizables/emails/" and make copies of the template files that you want to customize. This system can also be used for customizing the templates while preventing software updates from overwriting your customization.
- The main notification template, which is editable through the control panel, can also have translations. Simply copy the template from the control panel into a file named "notifications.tpl.txt" and place inside "customizables/emails/language-name/". Make sure it has a <Subject> and <Body> tags as the template file "account_notification.tpl.txt" has.
- Improved thumbnails:
- Added support for CR2, RAW, FFF, 3FR, CRW, DNG, ERF, PPM, KDC, DCR, NEF, NRW, ORF, RAF, MRW, RW2, PEF, X3F, ARW and IIQ raw image files. On some servers, you might need to install UFRaw (http://ufraw.sourceforge.net).
- Thumbnails for the following file types are being extracted from the embedded TIFF thumbnail: '3fr', 'fff', 'dng', 'cr2', 'iiq'. If you want the thumbnails to be generated from the photo data, you can define the list of file extensions for which the TIFF thumbnail is not used, using $config['imagemagick_tiff_thumbs_types'] = array(); inside the configuration file.
- The thumbnails generated for the main FileRun user interface are now being reused for the weblink thumbnails. (This applies only to the default configured thumbnail size of 160. For any other configured size, the thumbnails will not be reused.)
- Added pngquant (https://pngquant.org) support for optimizing generated thumbnails. If enabled, thumbnails will take slightly longer to generate, however, on subsequent access, they will load up to three times faster. The FileRun cached thumbnails will take up to 70% less server disk space. The thumbnail image quality is generally not affected by the optimization. This feature requires support for ImageMagick and it can be configured and enabled from the same control panel section as ImageMagick.
- The thumbnails are now generated in exactly double the configured size, to make them slightly sharper on high-dpi displays. For the default setting of 160, the thumbnails were 300x300, now they are at 320x320. You might want to clear the thumbnail caches in your file repository after you install the update, to save some space on the already generated thumbnail sizes, which will no longer be used. You can do that by right-clicking a folder, selecting "More" > "Properties" and clicking "Clear thumbnail cache".
- ImageMagick is now getting the image file format for files inside the trash folder, to properly identify the format it needs to convert the image data from.
- Improved the user interface:
- Dropping files for uploading in the main folder doesn't have to happen on the empty space between files. You can now drop the files anywhere in the file list. This is especially useful when browsing folders with many files, in list mode.
- Hovering over the feedback messages makes the popup transparent. Clicking on the popup hides the message.
- Deleting individual items from trash no longer reloads the list.
- Added icons for Adobe InDesign and URL files.
- The dates in the file list have been changed to a human-friendly format.
- The list of files is now sorted in a human-friendly manner.
- Authentication sessions are now valid only for 14 days. The users will need to relogin at this interval.
- Access to the "Account settings" panel can be disabled for certain users. The option is available in the usual list of user permissions.
- The user signup e-mail message is now in HTML format and it mentions if the account need admin's activation.
- Fixed the sizing of the regular user interface on mobile devices.
- Fixed mobile browsers scrolling the page out of view when browsing a folder in a long list of folders.
- Fixed sending files via e-mail to FileRun users and not manually specified e-mail addresses.
- Fixed copying or moving a folder under another folder with similar name.
- Fixed copying a folder under the same path.
- Fixed behavior after renaming the currently opened folder.
- Fixed browsing via URL to folders with non alpha-numeric characters.
- The drag action is now disabled for read-only users. If upload permission is enabled, the users can still drag files to the browser for uploading.
- Read-only users no longer see actions like "Rename" or "Delete".
- Users which do not have permission to change their own passwords can no longer enable or disable the 2-step authentication.
- Fixed custom actions' "replaceDoubleClickAction" functionality.
- Other various less important fixes.
October 11, 2015 (2015.10.10)
Folders are now listed along files inside the main list:
- Multiple folders can be now: downloaded, shared via e-mail, starred, zipped, copied, moved or deleted at the same time.
- Files and folders can be moved to subfolders by drag and drop in the main list.
- You can use the back and forward browser buttons to switch between the previously browsed folder and the next current one. (Works in all modern browsers, down to IE10.)
- You can make bookmarks of FileRun URLs. Whenever you access them, the last browsed folder will be reopened.
- Refreshing the browser window will now take you back to the last opened folder.
Improved "right-click" menu:
- The menu is now the same in all areas of FileRun, allowing you to delete, rename, share, label, comment, etc, files and folders, directly from sections like "Starred", "Shared links", or even directly from the search results, regardless of the files' actual location.
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) audio files can be now played in the browser, just like MP3s.
- Works with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge.
- No browser plugin required.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported.
- (If you are interested in playing also ALAC (Apple Lossless) files, drop us an e-mail to show your interest.)
Google editor plugin:
- "DOC", "DOCX" and "ODT" documents can be created and edited in Google Docs.
- "XLS", "XLSX" and "ODS" spreadsheets can be created and edited in Google Sheets. (Google saves changes to "ODS" documents in "XLSX" format.)
- "PPT", "PPTX" and "ODP" presentations can be created and edited in Google Slides. (Google saves changes to "ODP" documents in "PPTX" format.)
- Unlike with "Zoho Editor", FileRun users need to be logged into their Google accounts to use this feature.
- This feature works also for private FileRun installations, which are not accessible via the Internet.
- To configure this feature in your installation, please follow this guide: http://docs.filerun.com/index.php/Google_Editor
- Sharing as link or via e-mail can be now disabled inside folders shared with FileRun users. The folders which are already shared, will still allow the users to share files through links, unless you manually change the permissions.
Sending files via e-mail:
- Added BCC field.
- It now sends out only one message, to all recipients. The benefit is that it takes much shorter time, especially for a long list of recipients. Also, the recipients can "Reply All", keeping everybody in the conversation. The downside is that tracking web link downloads per recipient is no longer available. You will still know when the file has been downloaded through the sent links, but not know exactly which recipient performed the download.
- The users can now see in their files activity log details about the recipients files have been sent to. The message subject is also included.
- The form now gets reset after sending a message.
- Users can now choose to drop files inside a folder in the file area, not being limited to dropping inside the tree panel. Dropping inside the currently opened folder is still possible.
- Files can be dropped on shared folders inside the tree panel.
- All areas available for drag&drop uploading are being highlighted individually so that it is obvious where files will get uploaded. (For IE users, this continues to be available for versions 10, 11. Microsoft is still working on adding drag support to Edge.)
- Multiple web links can be now deleted at the same time from the control panel.
- Web links can be sorted inside the control panel by the date the users created them. Useful for finding old and unnecessary links.
- The Web Link panel can no longer be closed by using the X link, but users have to click the "Done" button or "Remove link". This will prevent users from thinking that the weblink might not persist after closing the window like that.
- The "Share" button from the Web Link panel is no longer highlighted, to not be confused with a button that is needed to be clicked for actually saving the generating weblink.
- The users' name field has been split in two for specifying the first and last names separately. The existing user names will be automatically split by this update. The names will be split by the first space character. If this doesn't fit certain names, you will need to manually make adjustments to each user account after the update.
- The Starred section is now accessible also via the touch interface.
- File versions are no longer getting saved when overwriting empty files.
- Double-clicking files inside "Starred", "Shared links" or "Search results" perform the regular double-click action, instead of just opening its containing folder.
- The list of starred items can be now fetched via the API.
- Folders can now be deleted via the API.
- Added control panel option for enabling TSL/SSL for the SMTP connection.
- Error handling and user feedback has been much improved for actions such as file/folder copy and move.
- The little icons displayed on linked, starred, commented files are no longer active, to prevent accidental clicking.
- Many other small improvements in the user interface.
- Fixed MOV playback in Google Chrome.
- Fixed MP4 playback in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed pasting image screenshots. This feature is still only available to Google Chrome users.
- Fixed moving files and folders while preserving their weblinks, stars, etc.
- Folders can no longer be copied under their own path (resulting in a perpetual copy action).
- Fixed name of Zip archive when downloading folders via "Starred" or "Shared links".
- Accessing a weblink which points to an non-existing file or folder automatically removes the weblink.
- Fixed the "Force users to access via HTTPS." option.
- The "Create photo proof sheet" plugin now takes the Imagemagick config options into account.
- Fixed error when removing internal share from folder.
- Stars are being removed from items moved to trash.
- The superuser can no longer set empty passwords. This will prevent the user from locking himself out, as the system does not allow authenticating with empty passwords.
- Fixed: "New" > "Text File" > "Other" prompt.
- Fixed getting user information via the API.
- A few fixes in the touch interface.
- Removed the BitTorrent Sync integration. (We are researching alternatives.)
September 2, 2015 (2015.09.02)
- Files can be uploaded by dropping them to a specific subfolder, instead of only being able to drop them in the files area.
- Added support for Zoho collaborative editing. If two FileRun users open the same file with "Zoho Editor" they will be able to interact with each other, edit the document together in real time and also chat. Support for PPTX files has been added and also the support for Word documents has been improved.
- File searching works now inside shared folders. The search box is no longer fixed to "My Files" but instead searches the currently opened folder.
- You can now return to the search results full listing after clicking to locate a file.
- Searching multiple times consecutively for the same keyword no longer caches the results.
- Selecting a folder in the search quick results will now browse that folder, not its parent one.
- Added option for sending weblinks using Gmail.
- Added config option to have the weblinks sent by e-mail using the user's e-mail client program, instead of FileRun. Enable by adding the following inside the configuration file: $config['app']['weblinks']['useClientEmail'] = true;
- Saving in Pixlr no longer redirects to the confirmation message, but keeps the editor open allow you to continue to make changes.
- Added control panel option for forcing users to access FileRun via HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- Made the "Details and activity" panel resizable and it automatically has a shorter width on smaller resolution displays.
- Moved the shared folders under the "My Files", instead of being listed underneath the "Trash" item.
- Added character encoding option to the text editor so that files can be loaded and saved with various charsets instead of UTF-8.
- Added "sha1" as encryption method for the "Generic (SQL)" authentication plugin.
- The list of plugins from "Open with.." is now sorted alphabetically. The local options are listed at the top while online services at the bottom.
- Added colorful icons to the "Open with..." online options.
- Adding and removing stars from files updates the files's icons instantly.
- Improved all icon images inside the control panel.
- The aspect of the login form has been improved.
- The aspect of weblinked folders has been improved.
- The user interface logo also automatically adapts to the available area. The recommended height of the image file is 76px.
- The login logo is now automatically resized if is larger than the available area. Although any image size works, the recommended minimum size is now 460x324, to improve the sharpness on high DPI displays.
- The browser no longer accepts dropping files somewhere else on the page, but only on the areas which trigger the upload. This will prevent less technical users from opening files inside the browser, while trying to upload them.
- Added "Done" button to the "Web Link" panel, for closing the panel.
- If generating a thumbnail failed for a file, the generation is being attempted again after 5 minutes since the failure, if the generation is being requested again. This should help fix the thumbnails, if they fail due to incorrect FileRun configuration, or other temporary problem the server might have had.
- CloudConvert works now also for FileRun installations that are not accessible via the Internet.
- Improved error handling and logging for permanentely deleting items from the Trash folder.
- The folder icon in the details panel now shows the icon of the item selected in the tree menu.
- Fixed 2-step authentication QR code generation on certain servers.
- Folders continue to be shared with other FileRun users after being renamed.
- Locating starred items inside shared folders now works fine.
- A weblinked folder which has been deleted and it is located inside the trash si no longer accessible via the created weblinks.
- Improved compatibility with MySQL strict mode.
- The directory listing no longer fails if an item is a symbolik link to an inexistent item.
- Fixed icon for restore action in trash folder.
- Testing the SMTP settings in the control panel no longer tests authentication if the option is not selected.
- Fixed color of the NEW button on IE9.
- Added missing icon which is displayed when generation of thumbnails fails.
August 18, 2015 (2015.08.18)
- A small Google Maps map is now being displayed at the bottom of the "Details" panel for image files which contain GPS coordinates information. The map shows the location of where the picture has been taken. Clicking the map will open Google Maps in a new browser tab, to allow you to browse or zoom in the map. Note that this will not be available for existing images, as the GPS coordinates are being extracted from the files only at upload time. This feature requires PHP to be loaded with the EXIF extension.
- AutoCAD files (DWG, DWF, SKP, etc.) are opened now inside FileRun with Autdesk's new HTML5 online viewer.
- Added plugin for creating photography proof sheets (also known as "contact sheets"). Simply select several image files and click "Open with.." -> "Generate photo proof sheet". This feature requires ImageMagick.
- Added the option of showing a welcome message to the users. This message will popup every time a user is accessing the FileRun user interface. It can be enabled from "Control Panel" » "System configuration" » "Interface options".
- Users are now notified when other users change file labels. The user needs to have e-mail notifications enabled.
- The Media Info plugin now shows IPTC metadata for the image files.
- Improved support for downloading large amounts of data (4GB+) in a Zip archive. Note that extracting these large zips requires Zip programs which support the Zip64 format.
- The download cart now shows the total size.
- Downloading multiple files or folders saves the Zip archive with the name of the currently opened folder.
- Added logging for failed downloads. The log provides information about the total download size and PHP script execution time, to help troubleshoot the problem.
- It is now easier to distinguish between selected and not selected items in the file list.
- Added WebM video file type support.
- The "Date Created" and "Date Modified" information inside the "Shared links" section now refer to the dates the weblinks have been created and modified not the file intself.
- Added warning about Google Chrome's limitation with uploading folders by drag and drop. Google Chrome uploads a maximum of 100 files per subfolder, when using the drag and drop method. For uploading more than 100 files, either select the contents of the folder for dragging or use the "NEW" button for selecting the folder.
- The e-mail notifications subject and body templates can be now changed directly from the control panel, under "System configuration" » "E-mail settings". A BCC address can also be set from there. The existing templates will be imported automatically from the file "customizables/emails/actions.tpl.txt".
- Updated the Aviary API to allow changes made to the image files to be saved.
- The e-mail form closes now after sending the message.
- Extracting an archive adds the folder to the search index queue.
- Setting labels no longer notifies the user who made the change.
- Adding and removing stars to folders updates the icons so that the user can see which folder has added or removed the star from.
- Fixed the 2GB counter limitation on traffic quota.
- Fixed buttons not showing in the MP3 audio player.
- Improved error handling when deleting trashed files.
- Fixed strict check of Bearer Authorization in OAuth2.
- Added a decimal to the indicated file sizes for files larger than 1GB.
- Content of copied folders are now instantly available for searching.
- Read-only users can now drag files and folders to the download cart.
- Removed the "Open with.. Crocodoc" option, as the Crocodoc API is being discontinued by the deveopers. We recommend you use the "Box View" option instead.
- Clicking on images inside weblink galleries will open the original file, instead of generating a smaller resolution preview, which is too slow in most cases.
- Added "allowfullscreen" attribute to file preview iframes to allow videos to be played full screen.
- Dev: "Custom actions" can be now enabled only for multiple file selections.
- Dev: "Custom actions" can now open popup windows of various sizes.
May 27, 2015
- Added menu option to the trash folder for emptying the trash.
- Files inside search results, "Starred", or "Shared links" can be now labeled right from that section. It is useful to be able to search files and label all the results.
- Improved HTTP caching support for files which can be displayed by the browsers.
- Improved compatibility with WebDrive.
- Added "md5salted" as encryption type for the Generic SQL authentication plugin. This assumes the passwords are stored in the following format "MD5(PASS.SALT):SALT" (used by Joomla 1.5)
- Authentication plugins can now overwrite the users home folder paths, so you can set any path, regardless of the role settings.
- Added support for custom groups when importing users. Your CSV file needs to have a column containg the group name. If a group with that name is not found in FileRun, it will be automatically created.
- Added hooks to major file operations (upload, download and delete) for running custom PHP code which can abort the action and provide feedback to the user. See the last part of this page for details.
- Added file type description for RVT, DXF, SKP and FBX files.
- The Flash-based uploader was broken and it has now been removed. It affects only IE9 (and older) users.
- Fixed uploading multiple images from iOS.
- Fixed the HTML5-based "PDF viewer"
- The "Save" button on the text editor no longer closes the editor.
- Fixed the name of the greeted user inside e-mail notifications triggered by folder-based notification rules.
- Fixed minor visual glitches on iOS.
- Fixed display of the file type icon when thumbnail generation fails.
- PDF preview opens now with the browser on iOS. To copy text, or scroll the document, use Download instead of Preview.
- Fixed a WebDAV date format (not affecting current clients).
- Added "cron/paths_cleanup.php" command line script for cleaning paths (the file name index used for searching).
- Fixed errors on some pages which require authentication when the user is no longer authenticated.
- Fixed error on logging out when HTTP authentication is still valid.
- Independent admin users can now export to CSV the user activity search results.
- Added multilanguage support to the OAuth2 consent page.
- Fixed web link logging and e-mail notification message missing information about the file.
- Fixed scrolling the folder properties panel.
- Fixed size of 2-step verification QR code on some servers with long URLs.
- Fixed PHP error when setting folder notifications on shared folders and the notifications are sent from the command line.
- Fixed icon which was not displayed when downloading files through weblinks with "terms and conditions" set.
- The "terms and conditions" prompt now is displayed for weblinks also when clicking "Download all".
- Removed empty space left by the "NEW" button when the user doesn't have upload permissions.
- Metadata loading in the preview pane is no longer attempted for users without permission to read metadata.
- The Java upload is now preventing the user from selecting blocked file types.
- Fixed icons inside the list of items to be send via e-mail.
- Fixed adding users past the license limitation to avoid locking the installation.
- Fixed language selection from the login form.
- When the folder is not writable, so temporary thumbnail data cannot be stored, the actual file data is being used for the display.
- Quick search box removes records on inexistent files.
- Archiving the user activity log is now processing only 30000 records at a time, to prevent the process to execute for too long.
- Uploading files in Internet Explorer 9 (and older versions) is now done using Java. For enjoying FileRun's features we recommend using a modern browser with HTML5 support (such as Internet Explorer 10+).
March 2nd, 2015 (2015.03.03)
Revamped user interface
- Consistent with the user interface of Google Drive, to provide a familar experience to new users.
- Support for high resolution displays.
- Faster to load with less image files.
- Large colorful icons for known filetypes.
- It no longer uses tabs, for a cleaner and less-confusing interface.
- Selecting a file shows most common actions on the main menu bar.
- Added the "New" menu to the file's area contextual menu, so you can create a new folder using the familiar right-click > "New" > "Folder" action.
- All prompt fields can be confirmed with the Enter key or canceled with the Escape key. The rename prompt automatically select the name part.
- Added CSS shadow for thumbnails to see the image aspect ration.
- Added logo to login form on touch interface.
- Metadata is now displayed also for files inside "Trash".
- Showing thumbnails for files in the drop-down seach result list.
- Showing thumbnails for files located inside "Trash", when displayed inside the full-page search results.
- Clicking the thumbnail inside the details panel will open the preview for PDF, video or other non-image file types.
- Metadata displayed on the Details panel is now cached for the selected files for the currently displayed folder.
- The download cart can be now opened from the settings button (the one you use for logging out). The "Add to cart" option has been removed from the contextual menus, to avoid confusion. When selecting multiple files, the download cart now opens with the selected files, instead of automatically triggering the download.
- Removed the confirmation prompt from deleting files. For folders there is still a prompt.
- And many other smaller improvements...
"Account settings" user panel
- The "Change password" menu option has been replaced with "Account settings" which opens a panel with options for updating the name and e-mail address on the account, enable or disable e-mail notifications, change the password, enable or disable the 2-step verification and revoke access granted to external apps.
- Protected with OAuth2. ("The OAuth 2.0 authorization framework enables a third-party application to obtain limited access to an HTTP service, either on behalf of a resource owner by orchestrating an approval interaction between the resource owner and the HTTP service, or by allowing the third-party application to obtain access on its own behalf".)
- Supports both the "Authorization Grant" and "Resource Owner Password Credentials" OAuth2 grants, to enable both web-based third-party applications and desktop or mobile applications.
- New API methods for: searching, uploading, downloading and deleting files. Web links can also be created for files and folders and FilRun user accounts can be created or modified.
- Read more about it here: http://docs.filerun.com/index.php/API
Mozilla Thunderbird add-on
- This add-on allows Thunderbird users to easily e-mail large file attachments by automatically uploading those attachments to their FileRun user accounts and then inserting a web link to the files into the body of the email messages.
- Read more about it here: http://docs.filerun.com/index.php/Thunderbird_Filelink_Addon
- Being open-source serves also as an example for developping apps for the new API.
- Stars can be now set also inside shared folders.
- Added "Save and close" button to the text editor.
- Added option to e-mail users added using the import tool.
- Option to require imported users to change the password.
- The metadata extractor saves now fields with multiple values.
- Media Info now shows also the IFD0 EXIF information group and also the XMP information.
- The weblink id is now displayed in the control panel list of weblinks and the admin can search weblinks by it.
- The expiration date is now displayed in the control panel list of weblinks and users.
- Added control panel options for disabling the "Open with.." options. The options are available under the "Misc options" section.
- Added line wrapping to the text editor.
- Pasting an image/screenshot is now showing the upload progress in the window titlebar.
- Added option to share weblinks via Google+
- Uploading large files through weblinks.
- Uploading files through a weblink created on a shared folder.
- Fixed weblinks, uploading to weblinks, display inside the shared links section, on files moved to different folders.
- Fixed name of zip archive when clicking the "Download all" link while browsing a weblinked folder.
- Downloading the "My Files" folder no longer includes in the zip archive the actual name of the user's home folder.
- Fixed sharing weblinks on folders inside shared folders.
- Fixed the Bit Torrent Sync functionality and added support for the latest version.
- Added back support for MySQL "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" SQL mode.
- Loading metadata in the details panel from the search results.
- Fixed sending account information via e-mail to new created users.
- The password prompt is no longer showing for users who are not able to change the password, even if you mark the user from the control panel.
- Fixed a few errors inside the control panel when using IE8.
- Video files no longer open as images, but as videos.
- Fixed the LDAP authentication plugin to use the configured "User DN template". If you are using this plugin, we strongly recommedn that you thoroughly test that your authentication works fine after applying this update.
- Fixed displaying of Folder Activity log when multibyte filenames are being truncated.
- Fixed displaying information about the password and the upload option for weblinks inside the control panel section.
- Files and folders that cannot be downloaded can no longer be dragged into the download cart.
- Fixed PHP error message when uploading, copying and deleting files via WebDAV.
- Metadata attached to deleted folders are no longer left in the MYSQL database.
- Removing stars no longer leaves orfan MySQL records.
- Loading config.php for custom modules.
- WebLinks no longer log the referrer if the URL is on the same host.
- Fixed the command line reindex script.
- Fixed showing the actual state of the "Allow users to reset their passwords." and "Force users to change their passwords after reset." control panel settings.
- Fixed showing the actual state of "Allow the users to edit the e-mail address their are sending files from." control panel setting.
- You can now customize the list of actions for which FileRun is sending e-mail notifications to users. For details, see the advanced configuration documentation page.
- Enabled some debugging information in the Joomla V3 authentication plugin's testing procedure.
- Internet Explorer 7 is no longer supported. FileRun can still be used for now for most basic operations but the user interface looks really bad.
- Support for Internet Explorer 8 has been limited. It works fine, looks decent although not perfect. This will last until January 2016, when support for any Microsoft-unsupported Internet Explorer version will be completely dropped.
January 2nd, 2015 (2015.01.01)
The authentication plugin system has been redesigned:
- It no longer requires any PHP programming knowledge. You can simply activate and configure a plugin directly from FileRun's control panel.
- The selected plugin can be tested, to make sure it is configured properly and it works before it is enabled.
- You can now login with FileRun user accounts which do not have corresponding accounts in the third-party system. If a user account is not found in the third-party system but is found in FileRun's own users database, the user will be logged in with his FileRun password. This can be also disabled, to allow only login using the third-party database.
- The "Keep me signed in" and "Two-step verification" login options are now available also when third-party authentication is enabled.
- Slow third-party authentication systems no longer add delays once the FileRun user is logged in.
- If the plugin is not configured correctly or the third-party system fails, the FileRun superuser does not get locked out.
- Excellent fault tolerance and error reporting.
- The user passwords can be automatically synchronized from the third-party system to FileRun's own database, to allow the users to login even if the third-party system is inaccessible or disabled.
- The user can be logged into FileRun with a different account from the one that is logged into the third-party application (even if single-sign-on is enabled).
- The LDAP plugin can be configured with a predefined bind DN, as many LDAP servers require the use of a predefined account for performing user record searches.
- Improved protection against session fixation attacks.
- Official/supported authentication plugins are included for:
- CMS Made Simple
- LDAP/Active Directory
- Generic SQL. This plugin uses PHP's PDO extension which supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL, Oracle, IBM, etc. It includes an example configuration for a WordPress site.
- Documents can be now opened online with "Box View". "Box View" is Box.com's online tool for viewing documents. The following file types are supported: 'pdf', 'doc', 'docx', 'ppt', 'pptx','xls', 'xlsx'.
- Added control panel tool for exporting user account records as CSV files.
- Massive performance improvements and speedups. Reduced the framework's PHP memory usage and execution time by more than 50%.
- Folder uploading is now available to browsers other than Google Chrome. Unlike Chrome which supports HTML5 folder uploading, the other browsers are using the Java uploader.
- The transfer progress information is now displayed in the FileRun's upload tab title and the browser's title.
- Doubled the resolution of the thumbnails for better image quality on high-res screens (such as Retina display).
- The "Details" panel loads the thumbnails from cache instead of having a new preview generated on the server.
- The thumbnails for small GIF images are now animated.
- The thumbnail filesize has been optimized by 10-50% for faster loading and smaller server-side cache disk usage.
- WebLink IDs are now randomly generated and cannot be guessed, so they protect the weblinked files even if the users do not password protect the weblinks. The existing weblinks will still function as normal, even though they use a short ID.
- The public upload function is now using HTML5 (no file size limit, resumes interrupted transfers). Visitors can upload files by dragging and dropping them from the computer anywhere onto the weblink's page.
- Inside the "Shared links" section, weblinks can be removed from multiple/all files with one click.
- Users can now choose for each weblink if the browser will prompt the weblink visitor to save the file, instead of automatically display the file's contents (as it happens with common types of files, like images, PDFs or plain text files).
- Password generated automatically for weblinks when e-mailing files are now more secure.
- Bit.ly has been replaced with Goo.gl for URL shortning. Goo.gl supports offline URLs. You can configure your own API key inside "Control Panel > System Configuration > Third party services > Google", or use the preconfigured one.
- The browsers are now offering to remember the passwords on the password protected weblinks.
- Minor improvements to the weblink options panel.
- Added confirmation prompt to avoid moving folders accidentally.
- Admin users can now clear any file's activity log.
- Improved the user import tool:
- It allows for processing CSV files with many columns.
- If the username contains the @ character, it is also used for the user's e-mail address, if no e-mail value was found in the e-mail column.
- FileRun can now set automatically generated passwords for the imported user accounts.
- The basic user settings assigned when importing users via CSV files are now set based on the settings configured for the self user registration (even if that is not enabled) ($config['app']['signup']['defaults']).
- The import function is now available also when a third-party authentication plugin is enabled. Remember that the users are still not authenticated against FileRun's local database, but against the external one.
- Added option to use the same column for both username and e-mail.
- Changing the value of "Number of days users can use the same passwords" is updating the active user accounts, to no longer require them to change their passwords if the configured time interval is larger than the time passed from the user's last password change. User accounts who never logged in are not affected, and if configured so, they will be asked to change their passwords upon first login.
- The image viewer is now loading the previews from the server instead of the browser cache durring the same session if their filesizes have changed since last preview. This is useful when you are expecting changes to a certain image file and you are opening the preview to check for changes.
- The login form allows the browser to save the passwords.
- The maintenance mode message is now displayed on the login page.
- Updated reCAPTCHA to latest version. You can now configure your own Google reCAPTCHA key and secret, from "Control Panel > System Configuration > Third party services > Google".
- Added option to select all actions with one click when searching the user activity logs in the control panel.
- Fixed various small security issues.
- Improved protection against SQL injection attacks.
- Fixed sharing folders with quotes in the path.
- Fixed the mobile user interface which was broken by the previous update.
- Fixed previewing PDF files with Safari.
- Fixed e-mailing weblinks to files from the "Shared links" folder.
- The "Details and activity" pane can no longer be accidentaly expanded while the control panel is open.
- Files extracted from Zip and Gzip archives are now showing up in the search results.
- Zip archives are now showing up in the search results after their creation.
- Fixed image preview for small images on IE8.
- Fixed uploading files without extension.
- Logout redirect URL.
- Fixed IP limiting access.
- If the FileRun server reply message is very long it will now open in a window which can be closed, instead of having the message displayed for a long time on the screen without the option of making it disappear (although you can now make them disappear quicker by double-clicking them).
- Fixed importing user accounts from non-UTF-8 CSV files.
- The file context menu trigger no longer shows over the overlay when opening the image preview.
- Local IP addresses are now logged properly.
- Showing labels for files inside "Shared links"
- The option to ask the user to change password is now shown also for superuser, which he gets reminded to change the password after a predefined period of time, like any other user. The superuser can not choose to just uncheck the option, to keep the same password.
- Fixed removing stars from items when browsing the Starred folder.
- Fixed actions performed in folders owned by FileRun users with notifications.
- Fixed folder names in list view.
- The "search by contents" option was not available to the user even when file indexing was enabled.
- WebDAV works now with two-step verification without any configuration required. Just provide the verification code in the password field, separated by a forward slash (/).
- The touch interface no longer loads automatically for mobile devices. To access it, append "/touch" to the FileRun URL.
For a list of changes prior to 2015, please contact us.
The automatic software update system was introduced on January 17, 2008.